These are Kale chips with an Asian twist. Everyone’s favorite healthy potato chip alternative.
Servings in one batch: 3
Cost per batch: $2.51 ($0.84 / serving )
Calories in a serving: 98 (compared to 182 calories in a similar amount of potato chips)
- 8 c chopped Kale (without the stems)
- 1/2 T olive oil
- 1/2 T sesame oil
- 1/2 T soy sauce
- 1/2 t ground dried ginger
- 1/2 t garlic
- 1/2 t salt
You will need:
- cookie sheet
- parchment paper (if you don’t have this, just put the kale on the cookie sheet, but you might end up scraping burnt kale bits off your cookie sheets
- bowl for mixing
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Wash, dry and chop the kale. Remove the hard middle stem.
- Sprinkle the oils, spices, and soy sauce over the kale and toss to coat. This is important. Don’t sprinkle the ingredients on the kale while its already on the cookie sheet or you’ll end up with a sticky mess and little kale-boats of hot oil.
- Spread the pieces on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and bake them in the oven for 15-20 minutes
- To make this recipe gluten free, either skip the soy sauce (and up the salt a bit) or use gluten free soy sauce